Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend cooking

I don't know about you but I LOVE the weekends..... particularly Saturday because its leg day and when I usually have my cheat meal :) I have 1 cheat MEAL per week, it keeps me sane and gives me something to look forward to all week! I believe cheat meals are so important, not just because they confuse your metabolism but because you should never give up the things you love. This week was pizza :D


MMMMMM so good :D I got sun dried tomatoes with artichokes 
& garlic tomato pesto on a honey wheat crust
And this amazing salad! I took all the croutons off. It had feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and a balsamic dressing. It was so good!!!!



You know no cheat meal is complete without a good dessert to finish it off! I decided to make a CLEAN dessert though :)
I topped mine with Arctic Zero Maple Vanilla Ice Cream ;)

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Crumble:
  • 1/4 cup of coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup oats, blended into flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1 Tbs. baking Stevia
  • 1 egg
  • butter extract
  • enough water to combine everything

Filling:

  • 1/2 bag of frozen blueberries, thawed
  • 1 bag frozen peaches, thawed
  • 1/4 cup baking Stevia
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup of water

Directions:

  1. In a bowl combine the crumble together, add enough water just to form a dough but to where its still crumbly 
  2. Mix the filling and place in a baking dish
  3. Pour the crumble over the top
  4. Microwave 1/4 cup or more of blueberries and pour over the whole thing
  5. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 

I also happen to love Sundays. I get to do yoga, grocery shop, meal prep and not put on make up all day :D Ohhhhhhh and I get to have PANCAKES! Pancake Sunday is my favorite. I'm not saying I don't love my oats and egg whites, but I definitely look forward to pancakes every week. They are always clean pancakes but taste so decadent!
I topped mine with microwaved banana, almond butter and WF syrup

Carrot Cake Pancakes

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 Tbs. coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp. maple extract
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 banana, microwaved
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 finely shredded carrot
Directions:
  1. Blend everything except the shredded carrot (I use my bullet)
  2. Stir in carrot and cook on a skillet 
  3. Top with whatever you want

So fluffyyyyyyy!

I also made some carrot cake bread for my pre workout!


Carrot Cake Bread

  • 1 1/2 cups oats, blended into flour
  • 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups egg whites
  • 1 Tbs. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 full droplets of liquid Stevia
  • 2 carrots, finely shredded

Directions:

  1. Mix everything with a hand mixer 
  2. Bake at 350 until a fork comes out clean





No comments:

Post a Comment