Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Protein French Toast

There is nothing better then ooooeyyy gooooeyyyy french toast for breakfast! Oh wait its healthy and packed with protein?!?! I guess it does get better ;) So one night I was making a microwave cake and I accidentally over cooked it and it came out kind of tough. As I ate it I thought man this would be better as some bread......or better yet FRENCH TOAST! So I tweaked the recipe and came up with this delicious master piece. Ohhhhhh and by the way the sauce made with PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA. Yum!

PROTEIN BREAD:

(makes 1 loaf)

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tbs. unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
  • a few drops of liquid Stevia

Directions:


Blend everything together (the consistency should be like pancake batter). Pour the mixture into a rectangle or 2 square tupperware containers. Microwave for 2-3 min. If you want a more sturdy dense bread leave it in for around 3 min. Take the bread out of the tupperware and let it sit for a minute to cool down. Now at this point you can pretty much do WHATEVER you want with it (it is bread after all).

PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST:



  • 1 loaf of protein bread, cut in half
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • cinnamon
  • 1 tbs. unsweetened almond milk

Directions:

Mix everything together in a bowl and soak protein bread. Cook both sides on a non stick pan until golden brown. 



You can top this with whatever you like! I decided to combine my 2 favorite things, banana & some Nutzo peanut butter. I microwaved the banana and then added the Nutzo so it was gooooooeyyyy and oooooeyyy! I also topped my french toast with some calorie free maple syrup. But like I said you can put WHATEVER you want on it. I think next time ill stuff my protein bread ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment