Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chocolate Protein Cupcakes

For those that don't know, I recently got hired at a gym<3 (which is where I belong)! After everyone I work with found out that I LOVE to cook and I'm a healthy cooker, they wanted me to bring goodies! Soooooo I came up with a yummy protein packed cupcake recipe. Sometimes when you cook with protein it could come out a little weird but after playing with a few recipes I came up with something pretty amazing! Now I could of just made the cupcake but that wouldn't of been me......I had to go a little overboard ;) So I decided to make some peanut butter PROTEIN frosting & PROTEIN chocolate peanut butter cups to go on top! They were kind of amazing :D



Oops I had to try one :)




Protein Chocolate Cupcakes

(Makes 12)


  • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites 
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 full droplet of liquid chocolate Stevia
  • 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Pro 7 Syntheses)
  • 1/4 scoop About Time birthday cake protein powder
  • 1/2 cup oats, blended into flour
  • 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs. Cacao powder
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 Tbs. coconut flour

Directions:

  1. Mix everything together with a hand mixer
  2. Bake at 350 until a fork comes out clean

Peanut Butter Protein Frosting

(Makes enough to frost 15)

  • 8oz fat free cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tbs. natural peanut butter
  • 2 Tbs. peanut flour
  • 1 full droplet of liquid Stevia
  • 1 scoop of Cellucor peanut butter marshmallow whey

Directions:

  1. Mix everything with a hand mixer until it becomes creamy
  2. Refrigerate until needed

Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

(Makes 11 mini ones)

Chocolate mixture:
  • 1 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
  • 1 Tbs. cacao powder
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • a couple drops of liquid chocolate Stevia
  • 2 Tbs. Water (add more if you need to thin it out a little)
Peanut butter mixture:
  • 1 Tbs. natural almond butter
  • the remanding chocolate mixture

Directions:

  1. Combine the chocolate mixture until its creamy, it should be thick
  2. Pour half way up into molds (Mine were mini sized). You should have some left over
  3. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes
  4. Combine the remaining chocolate mix with the almond butter
  5. Once the molds are frozen place some of the pb mix on top and press down
  6. Freeze for another hour or until frozen

Macros per cupcake with the frosting and peanut butter cup:

Calories: 162
Fat: 4.9g
Carbs: 7.2g
Protein: 15.9g

So good!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment