Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bananas Foster Bread

If you don't already know I'm kind of obsessed with bananas. I LOVE them!! I kept seeing people post pictures of banana bread on Instagram and kept telling myself that I was going to make some.......and then I thought no, I'm gonna make bananas foster bread (clean of course)!!! :D NOM. So I went at it. The bread came out kind of dense, very moist and quite delicious. I think next time ill switch up the recipe up a little but let me tell you it was DELICIOUS! 

Bananas Foster Bread:

  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 tbs egg substitute mixed with water (or one egg)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 1 tbs. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. caramel extract
  • a couple drops of liquid Stevia
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 tbs. baking powder
  • 2 tbs. chopped walnuts (topping)
  • 1 tbs. Walden Farms no cal. caramel syrup (topping)
  • 1/4 banana, sliced (topping)

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Mix wet ingredients and banana with a hand mixer
  3. Incorporate with the dry ingredients (if the batter is to thick thin it out with some water)
  4. Pour into a bread dish sprayed with cooking spray
  5. Place the walnuts and banana sliced on top. Drizzle the caramel syrup over them
  6. Bake for 50-60 min, or until done


It taste almost like a cake! So yummy :)
Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment