Monday, February 25, 2013

Caramel Birthday Cake Pancakes

Its my birthday & ill eat pancakes if i want to!!! :D I have a slight obsession with pancakes, I try different things each time because I want to come up with the best possible recipe. Each time I think oh man this is it and then then next time I make pancakes they're even better! These were my favorite so far. They were the perfect texture, amount of fluffyness and had the best flavor (i ate way to much of the batter....). They poured perfectly and could be combined with pretty much any topping. On mine I decided to go with bananas, fresh almond butter and caramel sauce. I also put blueberries in each pancake as they cooked! Seriously PERFECT.......

Caramel Birthday Cake Pancakes:

(makes about 7 small pancakes)

  • 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • coconut extract (depends on how much you want)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 full droplet of vanilla sweet cream Stevia 
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (oats blended up)
  • 1 tbs. coconut flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 banana 
  • 1-2 tbs water (only if its to thick)

Directions:

  1. Blend all ingredients together
  2. Cook on a pan sprayed with cooking spray
  3. Put 3-4 blueberries in each pancake as they cook
  4. When they start to bubble flip 

Toppings:

  1. The remaining banana
  2. Fresh almond butter
  3. Caramel sauce (Walden Farms no cal caramel sauce mixed with water & microwaved)

No comments:

Post a Comment