Monday, February 11, 2013

Sweet Potato Bread With Walnut Crumble

This bread is absolutely AMAZING! :)))) I've been wanting to make a good bread for a while now and thought hum "what if i used the recipe for my pancakes to make a bread?" Soooo that's what I did......I added a few more things but its pretty much the same thing. When you have a good recipe, well you've got a good recipe ;)

Now let me tell you about how I cooked it! My oven works sometimes and sometimes it decides to suck and now work.....this was one of those times -_- I mixed everything, had the oven preheated and then it shut off. So I was like well shit this sucks.........and then BAM ideaaaaaaaaa! I'm gonna cook it on the BBQ. I turned my BBQ down really low, covered the bread pan (its made of glass) with foil, placed it on the front part of the grill, closed it and let it cook. I don't know exactly how long it took, I just poked it and took it out when it was done. I wasn't to sure how it was gonna turn out but man let me tell you, its so DELICIOUS and MOIST! Definitely might be making more things on the BBQ. lol

Sweet Potato Bread With Walnut Crumble:

  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • a couple drops of liquid Stevia (I used toffee flavor)
  • cinnamon
  • 1 cup oat flour (oats blended up)
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • about 150 g. cooked, cooked and peeled sweet potato (I didn't peel mine because I don't mind the skin)
  • a handful of walnuts, chopped (topping)

Directions:

  1. Using a hand mixer mix the egg whites including from the egg (reserve the yolk) until they become frothy
  2. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients, incluting yolk
  3. Add dry ingredients and sweet potato
  4. Pour into a sprayed bread dish and top with chopped walnuts and more cinnamon
  5. Bake at 350-375 until done (like I said I didn't do it in the oven soooo this is just a guesstimate)

ENJOY






2 comments: