Saturday, February 2, 2013

English muffin/Biscuit microwave bread

Do you like English muffins? What about biscuits? I know that I happen to LOVE both, unfortunately neither of those are clean :( That makes it really hard to enjoy breakfast sandwiches.....unless you can come up with a healthy alternative? Oh wait, I did that! :) I wasn't really expecting it to turn out so good because I kinda just threw some stuff together, but it was AMAZING! I like bread A LOT and I never seem to enjoy sandwiches or anything that includes bread because of my diet. Soooooo I've been experimenting with microwave breads (sweet & savory). Turns out you can make bread out of a lot of things........and it can be pretty delicious too! Anyways Ill stop talking and give you the recipe :)
I cut it in half and cooked it in the pan to get a little toasty....
Filled it with non-dairy cheese, turkey bacon, and egg whites.....
Topped it off with the other half and BAM its a sandwich....
Yummmmm <3



English muffin/Biscuit microwave bread:

  • 2 tbs. oat flour (oats blended up)
  • 2 tbs. coconut flour
  • 2 tbs. almond flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 6 tbs. egg whites
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 tbs water

Directions:

  1. Mix everything together until a creamy batter forms
  2. Put into a rectangle tupperware container & microwave for 5-6 min (should be firm)
  3. Take out and let cool off a bit before cutting (i cut the rectangle in half and then cut those down the center)
  4. Toast on each side for a few seconds to make a little crispy
  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment